Harry Potter, need I say more?
- According to Tron Legacy Director Joe Kosinsky, A Black Hole remake is in the works
- Warner Bro’s announces 100% Whedon-Free Big screen reboot of Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Full 11 minute sampler of the Tron Legacy Soundtrack released on youtube
- In the.. does this need another movie dept.. Test shot of Karl Urban as Judge Dredd Movie
- Does anybody care? Brandon Routh wont be Zack Snyders Superman..
Feedback: Green Lantern Trailer
Joshua (Tyler TX) I still disagree with the casting of Ryan Reynolds for Hal.. he could be a good Kyle but Hal is really more of a stoic character with moments of humor I don’t mind the suit so much but it would have been nice to go with a more classic look to it. I did think Kilowog looked pretty good in the second he was on screen.
John John (Austin TX Via Fuzz’s FB) It’s pretty cool although some dislike the cg suit. Also Hal Jordan is a stoic character while Ryan Reynolds isn’t.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
1,2 Christopher Columbus
3 Alfonso Curon (Columbus Stayed on to Produce)
4 Mike Newell
5-7 David Yates (Tale of the Three Brothers Sequence Directed by Ben Hibon)
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Richard Harris, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Dame Maggie Smith, Ralph Fiennes, Gary Oldman, Robbie Coltrane
- 1- The movie and book are known as the “Philosopher’s” stone everywhere except the USA.. every scene where they said “Philosopher” was shot again with them saying “Sorcerer”
- 1 – Richard Harris only agreed to play the role of Albus Dumbledore when his then 11 year old granddaughter threatened to never speak to him again if he didn’t take it
- 2 – Nurses were drafted into the production due to an outbreak of head lice among the younger cast members.
- 2 – Supposedly Russian Premier Vladimir Putin was deeply disturbed that Dobby the house elf was created in his image (unverified)
- 3 – Sir Ian Mckellen turned down the role of Dumbledore – Having appeared as Gandalf in The Lord of the Rings, he said, “I had enough trouble living up to one legend. Two would be too much to hope for.”
- 3 – Warner Brothers supplied ushers at cinemas with night vision goggles to prevent illegal recording and pirating of the film
- 3 – In order to acquaint himself with his three lead actors, director Alfonso Cuarón had each of them write an essay about their characters, from a first-person point of view. Emma Watson, in true Hermione fashion, went a little overboard and wrote a 16-page essay. Daniel Radcliffe wrote a simple one-page summary, and Rupert Grint never even turned his in.
- 4 – over 3000 girls showed up to audition for the part of Cho Chang
- 4 – was orginially planned to be a 2 part movie released several months apart, but this decided against by Director Mike Newell at the recommendation of Azkaban Director Alfonso Curaon
- 5- Dumbledore’s line “Don’t fight him, Harry, you can’t win” was featured prominently in just about every trailer and TV-spot, yet it is nowhere in the final version of the film, nor in the DVD’s extended scenes.
- 5 – The Department of Mysteries set marks the first time that a totally computer-generated set was used throughout the movie
- 5 – The only Harry Potter film not written by Steve Kloves.
- 6 – This is the first Harry Potter film that does not feature any aspect of Defense Against the Dark Arts classes on screen, either direct (second through fifth films) or indirect (first film). The only mention of the subject occurs when Dumbledore announces Snape’s appointment to the open teaching position.
- 6 – At the beginning of the film, the Death Eaters destroy the Millennium Bridge in London. In the Book it is actually the Brockdale Bridge that is destroyed, the Millenium Bridge was not built in the time period the Book is set in 1995-1996
- 6 -The omission in this movie of the battle at Hogwarts between members of the Order of the Phoenix and Death Eaters was due to the fact that they writers did not want to seek repetition when they film the climactic battle of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Did you read the books?
- Favorite? Least Favorite?
- Favorite Book?
- Steve: Ravenclaw: Witty, Intelligent & Capable
- Fuzz: Gryffindor: Brave, Chivalrous, Courageous
- Jeff: Hufflepuff: Loyal, Dependable, Hardworking
- Jeff: Your Result: Your Patronus is a Hedgehog! – Bravery is your strong suit, and you are a kind creature to all, though your spiney exterior may make others think otherwise. You are proud of the strange parts of you that make you different!
- Steve: Your Patronus is a Wolf! You work best in a close support group and are fiercely loyal to those you love. You are unbeatable in a group and incredibly strong even alone due to your cunning at getting the job done.
- Fuzz: Your Patronus is a Wolf!
Jeff: It’s such an enjoyable series. I just hate the Goblet of Fire, it’s just terrible. I still own it though.
Ray: The first two can come off very kid film.. but if you can get past that.. its a fun ride for the most part. Ill always recommend reading the books first though.
Steve: I really started enjoying them as they progressed to more adult adventure, versus kid level entertainment. It started with 3 for me and kept going.
The Present: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt 1
Director: David Yates
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, Robbie Coltrane, Helena Bonham Carter
- M Night Shyamalan was interested in directing this one!
- Guilermo Del Toro – Who Turned down Directing 1,2 and 3 because they were “too happy” to interest him expressed interest in directing this one.
- First time that Brendan Gleeson, Michael Byrne, Peter Mullan, and David O’Hara have appeared in the same movie since Braveheart
- Over 500 wands were created for the film. They are checked out and checked in before, during, and after the filming day is completed. Many came back broken.
- First film in the franchise to cite “sensuality” as a concept for its MPAA rating.
- First of the films to have J.K. Rowling as producer.
3D version was cancelled?
3 Brothers Animation? Did that seem odd to anyone else?
What We Learned:
Harry Potter has a happy trail.
Hermoine overpacks! But she’s handy if you’re camping!
Jeff: What? You didn’t go see this?
Ray: Great! but you will have no clue whats going on if you dont watch 1-6
Steve: Thoroughly enjoyed…must have seen the others to get anything though.
The Future: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (7-15-2011)
Starring: yah yah yah..
- Battle of Hogwarts… nuff said.
Jeff: I yield the floor to Fuzz
Ray: is it July Yet? Is it July yet? is it July yet?
Steve: I’ll be looking forward to it, but will be glad it’s all over! 🙂